Building your Google Nest Wifi network starts with the Nest Wifi router. Users can also add Nest Wifi points to expand coverage. And Nest Wifi points have a speaker so you can talk to Google for extra help around the house.
Google Nest Wifi blankets your whole home in reliable coverage1. It works behind the scenes to keep your Wi-Fi fast and buffering at bay. Nest Wifi is easy to set up in the Google Home app2. Then connect and manage devices in your network, plus, you can pause Wi-Fi to limit screen time for the kids. Automatic updates help your network stay safe and sound. And when you need some extra help, just ask Google in your Nest Wifi point. Use your voice to control connected devices, play your favorite music, broadcast messages around the house, and more. Nest Wifi manages your whole connected home. One Wifi router with one Wifi point is strong enough to handle up to 200 connected devices, and fast enough to stream multiple 4K videos at a time3. This is Wi-Fi the way it should be.
Google Nest Wifi Point
- Each Nest Wifi point provides an additional 1600 square feet of fast, reliable Wi-Fi coverage for your home. Wifi points require either a Nest Wifi router or a previous-generation Google Wifi system.
- Nest Wifi points have a speaker with the Google Assistant for extra help around the house. And they work with thousands of connected devices from brands you love. 2 Play music, manage your Wi-Fi network, and more, using your voice. 3 Just say, “Hey Google, pause Wi-Fi for Julie’s devices.”
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wi-Fi remains fast. So you can walk from room to room on a video call with an uninterrupted signal. And automatic updates help your network stay safe and sound.
- Nest Wifi is easy to set up in the Google Home app. 4 Connect and manage devices in your network. Plus pause Wi-Fi to limit screen time for the kids.
Keep it all connected.
Nest Wifi is easy to set up. It blankets your whole home in reliable coverage, and it works behind the scenes to keep buffering at bay. Stream a 4K video in the living room and make a video call to Grandma from the other side of the house without disruption. Automatic updates help keep your Wi-Fi network safe and sound. Home size, materials and layout can affect how Wi-Fi signal travels.
Larger homes or homes with thicker walls or long, narrow layouts may need extra Wifi points for full coverage. Strength and speed of signal will depend on your internet provider. May require more Wifi points depending on home size, materials and layout.
The new way to Wi-Fi.
Check your network speeds from anywhere with your smartphone. Easily create a guest network and share your password in just a few taps. Decide which devices to prioritize for faster speeds and use parental controls to manage online time for the kids.
Your home, your way.
Google Nest Wifi points have a speaker so you can talk to Google to control thousands of compatible devices from brands you love. Just say “Hey Google, dim the lights” to set the scene at dinnertime. Dimming lights requires a compatible smart light connected to your point. Nest Wifi makes it easy to add, set up, and manage connected devices in your network, all in the Google Home app. And with coverage in every room, you can be confident that every device will work smoothly. Controlling certain devices and features in your home requires a compatible smart device. List of compatible apps and partners available at g.co/nestwifi/explore
With its soft, natural curves, Nest Wifi was designed with the home in mind. In most cases, one Wifi router with one Wifi point will cover 85% of homes. Add extra points for extra coverage. Wifi points come in several colors, so they blend in wherever you need extra coverage.
1 Home size, materials and layout can affect how Wi-Fi signal travels. Larger homes or homes with thicker walls or long, narrow layouts may need extra Wifi points for full coverage. Strength and speed of signal will depend on your internet provider.
2 Minimum OS requirements are available at g.co/nestwifi/req.
3 This is based on only using connected devices at a data rate of 1 Mbps each. Requires sufficient broadband internet connection and connected devices to be located within Wi-Fi coverage area described at g.co/nestwifi/coverage. Strength and speed of signal will also depend on your internet provider.
- Wifi Router covers up to 2200 square feet per router
- Wifi Point covers up to 1600 square feet per point
- Google Nest Point has built in speaker for Google Assistant
- Up to 200 Connected Devices
- Pause Wi-Fi to limit screen time for kids
- Intelligently works to maintain fast Wi-Fi speeds